Dr. Emmanuel Masih Education Fund
Emmanuel education fund provides scholarships to boys and girls in India chosen for their academic potential, financial need, and desire to serve their community. India is a country with more than one billion people, and just one-third of them can read. The rapidly growing size of population, shortages of teachers, books, and basic facilities, and insufficient public funds to cover education costs are some of the nation’s toughest challenges. This is where children in India are facing basic challenges. Mahatma Gandhi once said “Mass illiteracy is India’s sin and shame and must be liquidated”.
Facts on Education of India
- At least 35 million children aged 6 – 14 years do not attend school.
- India is home to the largest population of illiterate adults in the world – 287 million, amounting to 37% of the global total.
- 47.78 % of school children are girls.
- India is ranked 123rd out of 135 countries in female literacy rate.
- The US has a higher education enrolment of 83% while India in comparison has the lowest higher education enrolment scenario of 11 %.
To assist bright children from poor families and disadvantaged communities access education by providing scholarships and other opportunities at the primary and secondary school level.
To achieve sustainable development and peace through education.
Investing for a child's education
- Contributing to the Children’s Tuition Fund is an opportunity to pass on blessings to disadvantaged students.
- Opportunity at the right time can save a life.
- Educate the needy & bring about the change.